14 February 2006

valentines

Today of course is Valentines Day. I was thinking how wonderful it is to wake up next to my valentine and realize that it is another day to celebrate life with the person you love. And I started thinking how it really doesn't or shouldn't be just Valentine's Day that we experience this. I thought about how as a single person you become disappointed with celebrating this day on your own and look forward to sharing it with someone. And really from both sides, single or married it's not the greatest holiday. I mean married people don't really need it and neither do single people need the very glaring reminder that they are facing it alone. My theory...it was a great idea when it started and now just a great idea for hallmark and chocolatiers. Which is likely the more suberb reason for celebrating today.

I received the most delicious collection of
chocolates today. mmmmm...and Brad being the fabulous cook that he is, treated us to a scrumptious dinner of appetizers, garlic shrimp, a mighty fine steak and roasted vegetables. I love my Valentine.

I realized the extreme joy today of giving a homemade Valentine. I made one for sister Sarah and one for my dear husband. I'll have to post it later since i can't seem to get it off the camera. But the reaction from both was so special it left me smiling all day. What a blessing. Plus I was so proud of the creation :)

Last post I mentioned the airbag warning and today I'm putting up the pictures. I thought it was the strangest thing to read that keyboard warning. And the irony of it all is that while i was searching for a picture of the warning, another bloggers site posted the same reaction as me. Not comparing it to an airbag warning, just the oddity of it all.












Tonight I'm so thankful that my Valentine found me and loves me. That tonight I can fall asleep next to him and wake up tomorrow with my handsome Valentine. This morning on the way to work we were laughing along to a tune, I can't remember what tune it even was but of course it was about being with the one you love...ahhh...what fun!

1 comment:

Madame Angela Baggett said...

found your link through Jen. It was fun reading your posts, I could hear your voice, they read just how you sound :) Glad you are enjoying the married life and you two look fabulous!!! Jen updated me on your major life decisions. I'm actually excited for you. The world is open to you, the possibilities endless. It seems that you are having something set up by the Planner and that is always exciting, not always fun or obvious, but an adventure none the less!