A few months ago when Brad & I really noticed people having babies we started thinking about names. Baby names. It's strange how there will be a generation of kids with unusual names (unlike mine) and all these wonderful "grandparent" names die away. So Brad & I decided we would use names from our family trees. Names that our grandparents had, wonderful old granny and grandpa names. Names like Sadie, Effie, Majorie, Muriel, Cecil, Ruben and Malcolm. These are our family names and it's wonderful to carry the history of them to our children.
Friday night in celebration of St. Patty's Day and being members of the Newfoundland Club, Brad & I attended (my first ever) kitchen party. What a blast. I knew Newfies were funny but this was a riot. A large number of people were sporting Old Navy St. Patrick's Day t-shirts, a few were a little too inebriated and I won a HAMMOCK. A very nice hammock. And we laughed and chatted and played a variety of percussion instruments (spoons, an ugly stick, tamborines, and stomping feet) in time to Newfoundland folk music. What fun.
3 comments:
Baby names??? Pella????
Sounds like you had some fun on St. Patty's Day!
Those names must be from Brad's side of the family.LOL
Shauna, (see blog entry February 2006, Babies - here, there and everywhere) there are babies everywhere and it's funny how there presence gets you thinking about them...a lot. :) Plus I held two this week and learned of a new pregnancy! LOL
Post a Comment