I love weekends. I can't seem to get enough of them. And just when I'm settling into the weekend routine, it's a MONDAY again. Ho hum.
Friday Sarah and I ventured to Costco, a slighty busy place on a Friday. There were birds. Two little birdies, quite comfortable in their surroundings of oversized everything. And there were cell phones. There were three of us standing strategically in our aisle (for reception) having the same conversation. "Do we need any xx?" Funnny.
Saturday while Saskatoon was in the midst of a "winter storm watch"; Sarah, Jennifer and I ventured out to boutiques. I think A mall with underground parking would have been a better alternative but we like adventure :)
We covered a relatively short distance but everytime we stopped and got back into the car I would have to rescrape the car. The windshield. The windshield blades. And within two kilometres my windshield wipers would leave large patches of untouched windshield and very very low visibilty. It's surprising there aren't more crashes. Well, I did hit a curb...Oops...I hit a curb with our aluminum rim. Couldn't see, partly from the unclear windshield and partly from the pile of snow disguising it's shape. Hmmmm. It seems like this winter is a slap in the face.
"Hah-hah...and you thought I would be kind to you all, no snow, warm temperatures. Where do you think you live oh dreamers of the north. Spring doesn't begin until March 21st. Until then - hah hah hah ".
Today Brad decided that since we have been blessed with only a small parking space to shovel out we should help others. This afternoon we went and shovelled out a large driveway for a family. It was fun. Brad sure loves to shovel.
And now it's back to work tomorrow. Ahhhh...farewell weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment