01 March 2006

winter is still here

Saskatoon is blanketed in snow. Where did the snow come from? This year we've had almost no snow and finally it's arrived. Boy, I keep getting reminded why I don't like winter. Every month another symptom of winter strikes.

Today I almost hit someone. I was going around a curve and before I entered the curve I thought, k, slowdown because it'll be slippery. Sure enough it was and as I rounded the edge my back wheels kicked out and started carrying the car towards a stopped SUV! YIECKKS! The driver of the unsuspecting vehicle realized what was happening and his hands went up in the air and his eyes popped out of his head! OH MY GOODNESS! Well, my car slowed right down, swung back into the proper lane and just missed the SUV. Needless to say my hearting was throbbing for a few blocks. God's grace - exhale - sigh.

As I was talking on the phone tonight around 8:30 - I was peering out the living room window and saw a guy peeing into our lawn. Where am I? A guy was peeing on my lawn. I yapped to Brad and pointed and fortunately the guy noticed but didn't stop peeing, just turned slightly and redirected his stream. Hmmmm.

It's "Roll Up the Rim" to win time at Tim Horton's. Yesterday, I purchased a large steeped tea with two creams and one sugar. I was absolutely sure that I was going to win something...absolutely sure, so I gulped down my tea in a record hour A N D rolled up the rim to find "please play again". Too bad.

1 comment:

shauna said...

Glad you are ok!!! Accident averted! thank you Lord.
If it makes you feel any better about being left out of the starbucks contest, etc. I have no chance to win the "roll down the rim" contest thingy...we don't even have Tim Horton's around here. Although I do remember playing it once while I was visiting and I would have been greatly disappointed if I had one something only later to find out that I was disqualified due to my citizenship. Keep trying! (Isn't that the point anyway?)